Athletic Boosters Ass'n Membership — Pony Level
For 2018-19, we have three membership levels:
Pony: includes student directory — $30
The Athletic Boosters Association is a 501(c)(3) organization and is formally recognized by FCCPS as a school-affiliated organization. Your tax-deductible membership dues and other contributions are the largest source of funds for our work. Go Mustangs!
Here are some of the ways your membership dues, fundraising, and volunteer activities help our student athletes:
- Publish an annual Student Directory for GMHS
- Provide concessions at athletic events
- Sell discounted game vouchers
- Supply affordable Mason logo spirit wear for purchase by the community
- Grant funds to the GMHS Athletic Department toward major equipment purchases (e.g., stadium sound system, Mustang Gym sound system, lacrosse safety nets, baseball batting practice cage, a motorized cart for Mason's trainer, baseball and softball lights)
- Provide coaches with distinctive new Mason apparel each season
- Support seven scholarships for graduating seniors each year
- Recognize teams and individual athletes with a reception and awards evening each season
- Sponsor an annual College Commitment Ceremony for recruited Mason athletes
- Manage the Bill Rose Fund, which supplies financial support to economically disadvantaged student-athletes at GMHS. This includes, but is not limited to, payment for personal equipment, sports clinics, and the annual GMHS athletic fees.
- Own and annually fund the Mason Athletics website: www.masonathletics.org.
The directory will be created after we receive the final student list from George Mason. We plan to deliver the directory to members in early November.
We Also Recommend